Sunday, April 12, 2009

How to plant ginkgo seed?

I have a very tall ginkgo tree in my yard and for the first time in the 11 years we have lived here, it has produced nuts.





How do I plant the seed to grow more ginkgo trees?

How to plant ginkgo seed?
Don%26#039;T!!!!


I did this in Massachusetts! I fell in love with an old Ginko tree and harvested the seeds. I planted them just under a light layer of earth and warmed the bottom of the seed pots with a heating pad. They all germinated! I planted theseedlings close to the house and on the SOUTH SIDE FOR 3 YEARS. Then I planted them out on the property!


That was my big mistake!


Ginkos come in Male and Female! When the femals start to reproduce heavily, the dropped rotting fruit smells like Dog @h!T


How ever it takes 10 years or better for the trees to grow and mature enough to tell male from female. Then you are stuck cutting down the females so they don%26#039;t stink out the entire neighborhood!




commericial loan

No comments:

Post a Comment